8:00am Captains Briefing
8:30am Opening Ceremonies
10:40am Pineville Elementary School Drum Line
12:20pm Drummers Show and Spirit Award Judging
3:00pm Closing Award Ceremony
Race Day: May 6, 2023
Lake Buhlow - Pineville, Louisiana
Team Parking: Teams may park in the area just outside the lake gates. All vehicles will need to be parked outside the tent area by 8:00am. Parking is first come, first served.
Spectator Parking: Upon arriving to Lake Buhlow, please park underneath the Hwy 165 overpass and walk to the lake area. Bring your own chairs to watch the races. Hijo's Wagon will be on-site selling food.
Race Day: Saturday May 6, 2023
- 16 Paddlers, a minimum of 6 female paddlers must be in the boat at all times
- 1 Drummer
- Optional alternate paddlers allowed
- Practices take place on evenings the week leading up to the event
- Practices will include the basics of paddling, the basics of racing, and safety instruction.
- Each registered team receives a 10’x10’ tent space area along the river.
- Paddles, life vests, boats, drums, and steerspersons will be provided to each team at practice and on the day of the race
- Teams that bring their own equipment must use the regulation equipment
2022 Dragon Boat Teams
Red River Bank
Central Louisiana Surgical Hospital
Junior League of Alexandria
Procter & Gamble
England Air Park
Alexandria Emergency Hospital
Zion Hill Baptist Church
Roy O Martin
Pineville High School
CHRISTUS St. Francis Cabrini
Rapides Regional Medical Center
SERVPRO of Alexandria
Monarch Investment & Management Group
Avoyelles Arts Council
Emmanuel Baptist Church
Alexandria Country Day School
What is Dragon Boat Racing?
- Ultimate Team Building Activity
- The sport involves 20 team members paddling in unison to a drummer’s beat in a long, narrow boat decorated at bow and stern with a dragon’s head and tail.
- This 2,500 year-old Chinese sport is said to have “a visceral feel that appeals to everyone.”
- Dragon boat racing is recognized for the camaraderie,strength and endurance fostered among the participants and has become extremely popular as a corporate team building activity.
Dragon Boat Festivals
- Dragon boat races are held in conjunction with community waterfront festivals and events, feature an exhilarating combination of premier sport competition in concert with local community and entertainment showcase for corporations, community organizations, and families.
- They provide great opportunities for sponsors to reach a diverse group of consumers and business networks through an innovative medium.
Fundraising & Philanthropy
- Dragon boat races and festivals promote the social responsibility of corporate sponsors by giving them the opportunity to support charities and worthwhile causes through their association with these family-friendly, community events.
- In addition to the philanthropic benefits already mentioned, festival sponsors are thanked and recognized in several ways in the months leading up to race day, and prominently identified across the festival footprint. Some of the ways sponsors are thanked and recognized are:
- Race Sponsors are given a team boat to be used by their employees, or their designated proxies. Some sponsors have
- even chosen to pass on their team boat to a charity.
- Race Sponsors are recognized in all online, radio, TV, print (newspapers, posters, etc) PSA/Advertisements.
- Race Sponsors are listed on all official team t-shirts.
- Race Sponsors are given the opportunity to take part in a series of testimonial videos promoted through AMoA’s content marketing channels.